Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Getting Accepted!

May 26, 2010

A week ago Tuesday I got my official email of acceptance to the Intensive Hebrew course at the University of Haifa. So many of my emotions change from day to day as my head gets into the mix, rather than just my heart and soul.

When I got accepted, I was so excited and happy. The realization that I was actually going to finally go to Israel and study was overwhelming. I wrote on FaceBook and so many people wrote back with encouragement, praise and even telling me how brave I was to undertake such a feat.

Well, skip forward a week and I sit here wondering if I bit off too much to eat, or however the saying goes. The first part of the placement test was sent today. I need to set aside 3 hours to do 22 pages. A myriad of feelings swept through me as I sneaked a peek at it….feelings from how little I know to how hard this is going to be. If I’m doing this for myself, then why am I afraid to do it now? Maybe it’s coming to terms that I probably will never speak Hebrew the way I wish I could. There’s so much to learn. There’s even a part of me that has sadness that I didn’t do this long ago. I need to take all of my feelings in and just be with them. I’m sure even these will continue to change.

Bottom line: this adventure is going to help me grow in ways I’m not even aware of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment