Monday, August 16, 2010

The Blog Goes On

Saturday August 14, 2010

So many ideas are floating in my head.

I decided over the past few days that I was going to continue blogging even though I am no longer in Israel. Many people had written, telling me I shouldn’t stop but I wasn’t sure what I could write about. What would be so exciting, different or unique about my life here in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan in comparison to anyone else’s? For that matter, what is so exciting period about my life not in comparison to anyone else’s?

Well, I’ll let you in on something. When I started to even think about blogging here, I began to look at things differently.

For instance, this morning. I was driving to meet Caryn to walk the trail. To begin with, it was a struggle to get up and dressed since she walks fast and I doubted I could keep up with her. But I know walking keeps me limber so I packed my IPod in case I lagged behind and left. Then, on the way driving I stopped at a traffic light. I was thinking about blogging when I suddenly noticed this big tree with its leaves blowing and sparkling in the sun. It was so beautiful and for that moment I was suddenly back in Israel. I remembered the silver tree (of peace) that I photographed and how it too, sparkled. How crazy to see something that I probably have seen countless times before and to now be reminded of Israel. I need to have my camera for times like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment