Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Presenting My First Grandchild!

Very soon after I came home from Israel, a major, wonderful, incredible event happened! When I planned my trip to Israel, many people questioned me: "How can you go? When is Jenna due? When is the baby coming?" I assured them, just as Jenna assured me, that the baby was going to wait until I came home and she took her final exam. With those thoughts in mind, off I went, experienced and returned. Well G-d smiled on us. I returned home on Sunday afternoon and Jenna took her exam on Tuesday. Two days later on Thursday she went into labor! Friday afternoon at 4:40 pm, Zack and Jenna became parents and Jeff and I became grandparents!! I am Savta (grandmother) of the most beautiful, precious little girl. She was born August 6, 2010 and has changed my life in an indescribable way. The dictionary defines indescribable as "too extraordinary for description" and that is indeed what she is: too extraordinary for description. Kena hora, poo, poo, poo.

When I look at her, I marvel.
When I watch Zack hold her, I marvel.
When I listen to Jenna talk to her, I marvel.
Everything about this little bundle of love is a marvel and marvelous.

All I want for her is to be content.
I think I want so much for her, in part because I want so much for Jenna and Zack.
When I’m with her I remain awestruck and I talk to her about all kinds of things.
I tell her how dearly she is loved.
I tell her to listen to her parents because they love her and want only the best for her.
And I tell her that for all my days on earth, I will always be here for her.

I am finding that as usual, there's always something that needs to get done in my life, however given the opportunity, I can sit or walk with my granddaughter in my arms for as everlong as she wants or needs. She fills my heart with pure joy.

I know what I am thinking when I look at her.
I wonder what she is thinking when she looks at me?


No comments:

Post a Comment