Saturday, July 24, 2010

Shabbat Nefliah (wonderful shabbat)

Hi Everyone!
My computer battery is running low and these two pictures are out of sequence with the others but there was no way I was going to leave them out! So without further delay, it's on with the blog!

Laura Langberg





Jake Seigle



WARNING: This blog post contains many pictures! If you have someone who is on the

Michigan Teen Mission 2010 you may well find him/her in one of the photos ahead.

Each Shabbat here is so special and is over way too soon. This Shabbat was no exception. Ziv's sister, Noa was home from the army and she and her boyfriend Gili picked me up Friday morning. We went back to the Amoyal home which is the same home I went to when I arrived three weeks ago. I can hardly believe it's been three weeks but alas, and yes I use the word alas, it has been three weeks.



After a short while we went to pick up Itzik (Ziv's dad) from work. Then Itzik and I went shopping for my Naot sandals - but no can do. They were out of my size and on top of that, they don't have nearly the selection of colors as they do in the U.S. There were only two colors here as opposed to 5 or 6 back home. That was quite a surprise! After shopping, we went to the fruit market and the Super (as in Supermarket).



Here's Itzik picking out some candy for his grandchildren, Aliya, Aviv and Yuval.






After, we came home and started getting ready for Shabbat dinner. Well, being the photographer I wasn't as much of a help....(pictured grandaughter Aviv, Noa, Itzik, Adi (Aviv's mom) and Ruti





This is Yuval, Aviv's brother....another beautiful face of the future of Israel...and a head full of curls!





We all cleaned up and are now ready for our scrumptious dinner. OY! It was so wonderful and so plentiful. I think Ruti and Itzik thought Noa was bringing the army home with her!




Saturday morning Aviv was all ready for her cousin Aliya to come play with her. Itzik dropped me off at Kibbutz HaOn and took the girls to the beach for a little while.





And now it was time for me to see some beautiful faces from Michigan! It was wonderful to be at Shabbat services and be a part of the Mission for a short while. Everyone looked GREAT! And I gave a big hug to everyone pictured here for all of you moms and dads. Your kids look fantastically happy (I don't know if that's gramatically correct but that is how they looked!). What a wonderful gift you've given them.


Enjoy the following pictures....

Cousins Rachel and Eric Berlin (madrich). Mishpocha :)




Madricha Tara Forman






Our shaliach from Michigan, Yoav Rabin!





My patient, Alana Karbal




My American cousin, Eric and my Israeli son, Ziv - Madrichim!



Two very lucky American women who help make Teen Mission 2010 succesful: Amy Niestein and Beth Margolin





Rabbi Daniel Schwartz





As usual, it was very hard to catch Rabbi Josh alone, although maybe it was for the better as he told me that every week he does something different with his facial hair, although you may not be able to tell in this photo. Needless to say, it was still wonderful to see him!





Shortly before I left, Harel came back to see me with his girlfriend, Adi, who is a sweetheart. It was wonderful to meet her and we had a great visit.


Now I am back at the dorms, very much like a university student who has returned from home. Ruti packed me food to bring back; Harel and Adi brought me wonderful gifts. I find that when I go away for the weekend, I continually come back with more than I brought. I am touched by the warmth, love and generosity of my family of friends here. It is overwhelming to be taken care of so lovingly and by so many people here.
I cried when Harel and Adi left.
I cried saying good bye to Ruti and Itzik and their family.
And I'm trying very hard not to cry now, thinking about having to leave a week from today.
I miss my family and friends and it will be really wonderful to be home - but leaving Israel really, really, for lack of a more mature word, sucks.
So...it looks like I have to start saving my money again! And I'm looking for someone(s) to join me next time!!!!!
xoxoxo

4 comments:

  1. I love following your adventure! So glad you are able to share it with everyone back here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics Mom! So awesome you got to meet up with the Teen Mission. This marks the second TM you've intercepted ;)

    -Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics Deb, delighted also for you to have met up with TM. We miss you back home and know you will miss Israel--who knows you may replant yourself one day!!! Oh my goodness talk about a long flight to come and visit you oy vey!!!!
    Delighted you are continuing on with your beautiful educational experience!!! Safe flight home!! Love Cheryl xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Debbie,

    This blog was absolutely wonderful, full of news, descriptions, and many great photos. You do sound sad about having to leave Israel next week, and I understand how you feel. However, you have a loving family waiting for you at home -- something good to look forward to.
    Lots of love,
    Aunt Ann

    ReplyDelete