Tuesday, July 6, 2010

This is the best!









We had our first class today and my head is spinning. The entire class was in Hebrew. We'll be learning texts, grammar and tenses, reading a newspaper, have guest lectures in Hebrew, give our own lectures to our classmates, language lab, videos and computer work. Writing OMG doesn't even express one iota of what I'm feeling.

Yesterday a small group of us took a bus to Haifa to do some shopping and get our bearrings. I got my groceries..still looking for my bearrings! Here's a picture of some of us:



Some of you may be wondering about the pictures at the top of this blog. Well, I can't seem to figure out how to get them into the body of my text (sorry Ben!). The top picture is of the toilet in Ziv's home. It looks very similar to mine so I didn't take an extra one. There still is not enough water in Israel, therefore everyone tries not to take long showers or leave it running for any amount of time. The toilets have two handles; the smaller one is for smaller stuff and the bigger one is for, well, you get the picture. I want you to know that I am refraining very hard from writing any jokes here about it! The second and third pics are of my modest apartment! Also, there's no picture of this, but I have to turn on a switch 30 minutes before I want to have hot water in the shower or sink.

And yes, I am loving this!

5 comments:

  1. Well honey... your boys will be proud. The first photo you post on your blog is a pic of the sherutim! And that, class, is your Hebrew vocabulary "word of the day." xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be there now, I didn't know I missed it this much. Would you like to meet with Yossi's family? They live in Haifa (Carmel). I know they would love to meet you. I believe you actually met some of them already (his parents and maybe Yossi's older brother Rami, who used to live in New York). Anyhow hope you are enjoying every moment there. If you need a hairdresser, Rami opened a salon again in Haifa...Take care and "ta'a see chaim!!" Love Lisette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Debbie,
    Your blog is wonderful. I know you are loving it and mastering every aspect of living in Israel. Good luck and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb, delighted you are having a marvelousy wonderful time!!! Love the description of the toilet--only you!!! LOL Sorry I do not speak Hebrew only English!!! Lisette writes so beautifully. Deb continue to enjoy, laugh, joke and soak up all the Hebrew you can!!! Be safe and love life as you always have!! Love Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the pics and reading the details. When you said you headed out for shopping I knew it was gonna be a good day! Shalom! xoStacy

    ReplyDelete